Saturday, October 19, 2013

Agatha Christie's Poirot: Series 9


Finally coming to blu ray
I was beginning to wonder if the Definitive Collection of Poirot would ever come to Blu Ray Disc. The Early Cases did and are absolutely magnificent. If you havent seen the Early Cases on blu ray, you should. We were blown away at how great yhey looked and sounded. However, there is still series 10 which I'm wondering why it isn't released for preorder as well ( episodes "Mystery on the Blue Train, Taken At the Flood, After the Funeral, Cards on the Table"). In the Movie Collection, movie collection 6 is on blu ray, but not movie collections 4 and 5. Go figure. I hope A & E, and Acorn Media complete the entire series and movies in blu ray.
Finally...
I was beginning to despair of this & series 7 & 8 coming to bluRay. series 9 saw the departure from the old formula but a compelling trend toward darker, even more character driven mysteries. all 4 are excellent: The Hollow & Five Little Pigs are superlative. I just watched Death on the Nile on my Aussie DVD [the only anamorphic widescreen versions at the time] for the umpteenth time; excellent stuff. October is too far away.

And there's this fine Belgian man who ties it all expertly together.
Five stars for content, one star for product!!!!
I eagerly ordered this DVD set of Season 9 Poirot with the expectation that it would play on my Blue Ray player as the other sets I bought of Miss Marple manufactured in Spain had done. You can well imagine my complete disappointment when it refused to play!! The Miss Marple and the Poirot DVD products are distributed by LLamentol, however the Poirot DVD set is labeled Euromedia Visión, whereas the Miss Marple DVDs are labeled Track Media.CAVEAT EMPTOR!! I shall be returning this set of Season 9 Poirot Blue Ray version to Amazon. In this case Amazon has left me VERY disappointed and receives one star for failing to state that this set is for European players. So where is the Track Media version for us Region 1 customers for this particular Blue Ray set of Poirot, Amazon????
Since I know the content of this set, I have rated the CONTENT with 5 stars. Poirot NEVER disappoints!
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment