Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Under the Dome


Mixed Feelings
I just finished Under the Dome last month and was not aware a show was coming out. I think I would have enjoyed the pilot more if the book wasn't so fresh in my memory. King's website has a letter from the author regarding his thoughts on the show. He pretty much affirms that the book and show share only a title, some character names, and the town name. He seems to have given his approval. I like the idea that he suggests there will be an alternate ending; something that I don't think will really spoil the rest of the episodes.

However, every character seems to have gotten a major personality, role, and familial relationship overhaul. Some, like Barbie's, are hard for me to digest. Some seem unnecessary. Some seem like they have occurred because the show isn't on a cable network, where excessive darkness and gore would be more acceptable.

I have learned to believe that adaptations should not always be direct translations, but inspired by the original source. I...
Disappointed
This show Started out great, and seemed to have some potential. Then ended with a terrible finale that leaves you more angry than intrigued about having to wait for the next season to start. Very disappointing.
Moderately interesting story
I started watching this because I thought it was going to be a summer mini-series. I didn't have time to read the book, but it sounded interesting so I was excited to see that it was being made into a TV series. I must admit that I was really disappointed to hear that they have decided to stretch it out into a 2 or 3 year long show. It would have been nicer if it was just 8 - 10 episodes and then stopped. I can't imagine that it will hold my interest over several seasons.
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment