Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dealin With Idiots


Hilarious Improv work
Jeff Garlin's newest film, "Dealin' With Idiots" is a hilarious, improvised look at crazy parents. When Max decides he wants to research the parents on his kid's little league team, he gets way more than he was interested in. We get to hear Coach Jimbo (Bob Odenkirk) rant about the brother that stole the girl of his dreams, see Coach Ted (JB Smoove) give a tour of his Compound, and a host of other nuts do nutty things. I saw Jeff do a Q&A after this premiered at the amazing Music Box in Chicago and he talked about how the entire movie was improvised. He and his co-writer Peter Murrieta were the only 2 that saw the brief script. There is some hilarious improv work in the film and the actors and actresses are all at the top of their game. This movie is a blast and you should watch it rather than some other crappy movie.
High Expectations
First, let me say that I LOVE Jeff Garlin. I am a huge Curb Your Enthusiasm fan. I heard him on the NPR show, Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me! over the weekend and promptly rented the film because I couldn't wait to see it. It was timely because my husband had just had a 'difference of opinion' with some insane soccer parents from our 10 year old's team and we thought this film would bring comic relief. Perhaps our expectations were too high, but we thought it fell a bit flat. The premise is funny, Jeff Garlin is funny, the cast is amazingly funny and talented, but somehow, all together, it didn't quite gel in our opinion. We fell asleep about 45 minutes into it. The next day we finished it because we had paid $6.99 to rent it, and our opinion wasn't any different. Don't get me wrong, there are many funny moments. Overall I would recommend waiting until it is free to Prime members; just my opinion.

'
Dealing With A Winner!
A hilarious look at our times. The perfect cast doing a perfect job. Another winner from Jeff Garlin. Each time I watch Dealing With Idiots, I find new insights and new reasons to laugh.
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment