Thursday, October 3, 2013

Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (Criterion Collection) BLU-RAY/DVD DUAL FORMAT EDITION


As long as we're writing reviews of sets we can't possibly know anything about...
...please let me skew the average rating for this product upward.

This has to be THE release of 2013. The Homevision guys' sets were staggered, and finally konked out less than halfway through, leaving fans to assemble their collection of Zatoichi films piece-meal with some questionable prices and iffy quality on individual disks.

Thanks, Criterion, for doing this right. I know what I'm getting for Christmas! Wee hee!
How to hide the 200$ expense from my wife?
Began my collection slowly last year picking up CDs on sale. Wow, what a deal for this. Now if I can just figure out how to get it past the wife. Budgets... yuck. Well maybe there will be a fire sale to get it all started (one can hope anyway).
The blind swordsman
I have all of the series and it took awhile to collect them. Well mainly #14 which was released a while back. There is also an earlier one which led to the series but the blind guy was a weasel:-) The TV series is as good as the movies and I believe there are 120 episodes. From here I bought the Lone Wolf and Cub series which starred Zatoichi's brother.
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment