Saturday, October 19, 2013

Scream Factory All Night Horror Marathon, Vol. 2 (Cellar Dweller, Catacombs, The Dungeonmaster & Contamination 7)


Scream Factory All Night Horror Movie Marathon Vol. 2
I'm going to provide some details since there aren't any here. Scores are from that movie site. ;)

Catacombs - 1988 - 4.4/10 - A demon has been trapped in a monastery for 400 years, now a girl has gone there to study and accidently unleashes it.

Cellar Dweller - 1988 - 4.5/10 - A cartoonist's creation comes to life and kills him and now a new cartoonist revives the old drawing, bring back the monster.

Contamination.7 (AKA Creepers) - 1993 - 2.0/10 - Radioactive trees attack a small town.

The Dungeonmaster (AKA Ragewar) - 1984 - 3.1/10 - A demonic wizard challenges a computer programmer to a battle of sorcery vs. technology and the programmer's girlfriend is the prize.

As far as I can tell, these movies are pretty much unreleased elsewhere and this is a good price for 4 not-so-gemlike flicks for those of us who dig our trash horror. I've seen them, they are trash, but fun. I could not find any specs but at this price we can pretty...
5 Stars for Dungeonmaster alone!
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of The Dungeonmaster on DVD for years! And the best part is it is the COMPLETE version! It will indeed include the "dream" sequence prior to the opening credits that was edited out of the VHS and theatrical releases. The other three movies I haven't seen but I guess I will when I get this DVD set! Now if Scream Factory can get a hold of the original Troll movie (the one with Sonny Bono and a young Julia Louis-Dreyfus) and Dolls, that'd be just awesome! And yes I know they have been released on DVD already but maybe Scream can get Blu Ray's of these and a possible Blu of Dungeonmaster in the future!
AWESOME!
I can't completely recall the movie "Catacombs", but I do remember that it was one weird and wonderful, twisted and blasphemous little terror nugget. I have been waiting with great anticipation for it's DVD release, and hopefully rediscovery and appreciation, for a long time now. Several years ago when I met producer Charles Band, this was the one movie I asked about.

I have never seen these other movies, but they all have the potential of ooey, gooey, gory delight from the 1980's video archives. The images on the DVD are certainly provocative.
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment