Sunday, October 13, 2013

Divergence Eve: Complete Collection


Not what I was expecting
Before I start my review let me say that I picked up Divergence Eve hoping to add a nice fan-service anime to my library. This was because the series has been hammered due to its extremely well endowed female leads. To be hoenst the only series I know of with women that are even in the same league being Eiken an eihii series. I thought I knew what I was in for when I popped in the first disc. Mainly being a show more concerned about showing panties and cleavage then story line and such. However I was pleasantly surprised. Divergence Eve is actually a really good series.

One last thing before my actual review. Divergence Eve outside of jiggle shots, which there is no opportunity lost for, it only has the normal amount of fan fair. Meaning on two or three shots of a character naked and maybe one or two pantie and braw shots. In fact doesn't take a few chances for fan fair.

And finally my review. Yes I know it took me awhile. firts and most importantly Divergence...
4 stars for story, but minus 1 for no extras!
I rented the original release of Volume 1 of Divergence Eve from an online service, and even though the disc was defective (preventing me from watching the second half of Episode 3 and all of Episode 4), what I was able to see entertained and intrigued me enough to want to spring for the "Collection" when it was released.

Unfortunately, this is not the complete collection. Yes, all 14 episodes are here - but nothing else! Instead of simply duplicating the original discs for this release, ADV actually took the trouble of pressing new discs that don't include any of the bonus materials! No clean opening and closing animation, no audio commentary, no mini-manga, nothing but the episodes themselves. Sure, it's more economical to buy this set than the three original individual volumes, but it still boggles my mind that ADV went to the trouble (and expense!) of removing the extras from the "Collection".

As for the story itself: it's "hard" sci-fi (by which I don't mean...
Outdated Anime
First I need to tell you that the ending will leave you hanging. You should not view this as a stand alone series, but as Part I; the Misaki Chronicles Misaki Chronicles: Complete Collection'being part II.

Divergence Eve is based on the idea that if you have good computer graphics and plenty of over-endowed women, no one will notice if the plot is weak. Unfortunately the graphics are no longer cutting edge and the giant foot-ball shaped breasts are more comical than sexy.

The plot is slow moving. For some reason they stuck the second to the last episode first, presumably to give the show some action early on. The overall effect is to leave the viewer confused half of the time and the other half bored with the dramatic 'revelations' which were spoiled by the first episode. Even as such the plot draws you in, but the series simply ends with no resolution and with unresolved issues...
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment