Thursday, October 3, 2013

Roulette


Masterpiece of indie filmmaking. Must see!
Do yourself a favor and buy this. Pre-order now. If it happens to be released on Blu-Ray, buy that too. I'm telling you. You won't regret it.

As far as independent films go, Roulette is a masterpiece. From beginning to end, the story takes you on a journey through the lives and minds of three interwoven characters, who possess traits of which we can all identify in one way or another. Sunny, the devout god-fearing good girl, fallen from grace into a life of sin and denial. Richard, the "normal" professional who hides behind his personal and marital issues, and spirals into a self-destructive drunken torment. And Dean, the pretty-boy manly-man who is pulled from his perfect life on cloud nine by the wrath of subconsciousness and lies. All are doomed. Or are they? I'll never tell. It's a surprise.

This story is no walk in the park. It's brutal. It's intense. It's disturbing. Some may say "offensive". But those are all qualities that make this film a complete gem,...
A Work of Art
Roulette: A Film by Erik Kristopher Myers, covers the story of Dean, Richard, and Sunny. Three people from three very different backgrounds who have come together for a deadly game of Russian Roulette and one last session of group therapy.

This is one of those rare films that come along every couple of years. It's haunting, thrilling, and thought provoking. With controversial subject matters that go into the darkest emotions a human can have. You are put in a room with three people who have no reason to live. You'll be gripping the arm rests of your chair up until the final moments of the film. Award winning performances, directing, and writing, are joined with an attention to detail and passion that shows what an art film making really is. You will not regret watching this, and you won't be the same person after it ends.
Fantastic Indie film... dark, moody and intense
A reprint of my review from IMDB for this film...
I love movies. At the theater, at home... Horror, comedy, thriller, action, all kinds.

Like many folks I love the theater experience, but I have a home theater too, so I kinda get it at home, with cheaper popcorn, and the ability to pause the flick while I go to the bathroom.

When I like a film, I see it more than once, each time, I look at it with a little bit of a different perspective... focusing on the music, sound, lighting, cinematography, acting, directing... maybe I can be a little critical, but if I like a film, I want to break it down into its parts and see what made it tick.

So, along came a locally made indie film called ROULETTE. As with most lower budget indie films, I went into it not knowing exactly what to expect. Filmmaker Erik Kristopher Myers boasted that he was trying to make a film on a tiny budget that would look like a 2 million dollar film.

That's a heck of a...
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment