Sunday, October 13, 2013

Passione


Thrilling
A glorious film of wonderful music. Really exciting. I have watched it a number of times already and am eagerly awaiting the soundtrack CD. It has opened up a fabulous new world for me. I have the Italian DVD and I can't wait for an English subtitled version to come out now as I would love to know more about what is being sung and said. And I would love it to have a director's commentary too. And maybe some extra numbers? Thank you so much John Turturro for this magnificent movie.
Joy and love
It has been a very long time, if at all, since I have watched a film that brings so much expression, ethnic diversity, and just plain, child-like fun. The artists are so authentic, and so in love with what they do; the photography and locations are a perfect backdrop to the lucious, voluptuous, soulful exuberance of a people and a place. Italy, for all its faults, is still the place to feel wholly in love with life; the food, music, and eroticism is joyous. Thank you to all who give such pleasure and playfulness. I carry this music around in my soul.
A perfect title
I loved this film. The passion of John Turturro lights up the screen. The music, personalities, and interviews are all deserving of this title. I've watched it a number of times and still have the desire to see it again. John T. says at the beginning, "Soon you'll be singing these songs," and sure enough I keep going back to hear them again.
Click to Editorial Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment